Wednesday, June 2, 2010

At least there is a snippet of Kroger Open!


Well, as we all wait (and a long one it seems it is going to be!) for our friend, the Fort Mitchell Kroger, we have at least a snippet of them still with us - Pharmacy and Alcohol!  Atleast during the summer months we'll be able to sooth our hungry souls with a cold beer and some aspirin!

It is June and I said we would begin our tour of Kroger.  I've heard many of you talk about the options, so here's your chance to chime in! 

First off - Kroger in Florence across from the Mall.  Interesting Kroger and convenient to one of my favorite stores - TJ Maxx!  It's small and not new, but all of the people that work there are ever so nice.  It does make me miss my Fort Mitchell Kroger, as there are some natural products that I couldn't get there.  Am I the only person outside of Fort Mitchell that likes to purchase all natural, wheat free frozen waffles???  I slowly picked up some Chocolate Chip Eggos, but then quickly put them back.  My kids will never eat the good stuff again if I give them this option! 

Any one else hit Krogers in Florence???  Yes, we'll get to the other locations - we all have to have patience!!! 

Happy Hump Day folks!

1 comment:

  1. From the Kroger website and history of Barney Kroger's beginning:

    --In 1883, Barney Kroger invested his life savings of $372 to open a grocery store at 66 Pearl Street in downtown Cincinnati. The son of a merchant, he ran his business with a simple motto: “Be particular. Never sell anything you would not want yourself.” Makes you think about the Pharmacy and Liquor sections remaining open.--

    It is now 127 years later and his $372 can be a typical visit to a Kroger for groceries, gas and pharma products. May his spirit look down in a positive way on the reconstruction so my wife can continue to entertain us.

    ReplyDelete