Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Time is Ticking!

Asphault is down, parking lines drawn and Help Wanted Signs (thank goodness Kroger finally took down the hand written posters on bright pink poster board - BRANDING people!) are hanging on poles in the parking lot area. 

The time is near - word on the street and in the Liquour Store (still open and well utilized!) notes it will open sometime in November.  Let's hope this happens before Thanksgiving.  I can't imagine preparing for our annual Turkey Fry on Thanksgiving without the Fort Mitchell Kroger!

Okay - topics of interest:  1.  Tailgating  2. Pool on when it will open

So, let's hear some guesses on an exact date.
Let's hear some suggestions on how to celebrate it's opening.  As usual, I take comments both on and off (which seems to be the popular forum) line. 

Time is ticking . . .let's speed up the clock!

3 comments:

  1. I'm hoping for Nov 1--all saints would be the perfect opening day. I'm getting ready to trudge to Newport to the grocery store and I'm SO tired of that journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Department Head at the Fort Mitchell Kroger, I can tell you we are shooting for opening November 18. I'm pretty sure the date of Nov. 1 was just a rumor floating around. The fuel center should hopefully be open a week or so before the 18th of Nov.

    The inside is looking beautiful and we can't wait to show you all of the new and exciting things we will have.

    We have been assured that there will be plenty of parking, even though it may not look that way. Employees will be shuttled in and out (probably from the old thriftway) to make sure there is enough parking for our customers.

    If you have any questions, post away. Suzanne, hopefully you don't mind that I chimed in and what a great blog! I'm glad to see there are others missing the store. I've not enjoyed shopping at Latonia and Silverlake.

    *The views and statements posted by me are not that of The Kroger Co.* ---Have to do that just in case.

    ReplyDelete