Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day One: Missing Kroger and Many Months To Go!

It's been a little over a month since the Kroger in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky was demolished to make way for a new store. Yes, the store needed to be replaced. But, Kroger has done a great job in the last several years marketing to me - sending me coupons on goods I buy, expanding natural and organic food choices, offering their Private Selection brand and name brands - just to name a few. Then, right before they knocked the walls down, they started offering discounts at Shell with Kroger points! Woohoo, I was loving that one. Then, the Kroger went down and my family's pantry and refrigerator has been bare. I didn't even have enough points to get a discount at the Shell near us. My kids keep eating cereal for breakfast and dinner offerings have been a disaster.

With these challenges in mind and the observance of the rebuilding beginning, I thought I would start this blog to document my experience of losing my Kroger until Christmas! Come join in the fun and comment away. After all, I'm not the only one missing the store. I'm quite sure of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment