Thursday, May 27, 2010

Missing the Kroger "Drive In"

It's a beautiful day in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky and today is Field Day at Beechwood Elementary School! I'll be helping out with the activities, but unfortunately I will have to leave my perimeter of comfort before going the 2 miles to get to the school. I need to bring pop cycles and Kroger is no longer there for those quick pop ins before or after school. Anyone else have to drive out of the city limits and hit a competitor (of which I will never disparage) that just doesn't have everything I need? We will persevere, but just another reason why I'm craving my Kroger to be back! The quick drive in and pop out with what you need from Kroger is non-existent in Fort Mitchell right now.

Wish I would have taken pictures right when Kroger got knocked down. Anyone out there have any?

5 comments:

  1. I feel for you, friend! Looking forward to following your posts... have you considered making an RSS feed for your blog? It makes it easier for us blogistas to keep up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine life without a nearby Kroger! I love my Newport Kroger and frequent that store. My mom, on the otherhand, hates the Newport store and all the other new Krogers because they are so big. She is very upset about the close of the Ft. Mitchell store because she liked that it was still small.

    Great idea for a blog...looking forward to following your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne - I, too, feel "lost" without my Kroger. I haven't yet gotten into any kind of rhythm with my shopping--just been picking up things here and there--no BIG,organized grocery shop since the walls came down. Cereal is healthy meal, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, ladies - we are in this frantic, disorganized shopping experience together! Nancy - yes, I'll set up the RSS feed today. Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how much we miss it too. I took pictures and video of Kroger before and during the destruction. You can view those on Youtube at "dikku1" or by searching for expressway plaza or ft mitchell kroger.
    Peace

    ReplyDelete